During each candle use, it is recommended to burn long enough to liquefy the entire top layer of wax (which can take a few hours). Allowing the candle to liquefy from edge-to-edge will keep the opening wide and preventing tunneling.
- Trim candle wicks to 1/4" before each use. This will help prevent soot and extend the life of the candle. Do not drop matches or other flammable items into the candle.
- Keep candles away from curtains or anything that could ignite. Keep in mind that curtains and other objects can move and come into contact with a burning flame. Do not burn candles in a draft.
- Always keep candles in sight when in use and keep away from children and pets. Diffusers are useful for places where you want to provide fragrance but can't keep an eye on a candle.
- Never move a burning candle. Allow the candle to cool and wax to solidify before moving. The candle container and/or wax can become extremely hot when in use.
- Use a candle plate to protect surfaces. Never put a candle directly on a surface that is flammable or could be damaged by heat or oil.
- If candle wick develops a mushroom carbo tip, extinguish the candle, allow to completely cool and remove the tip by pinching between fingers using a tissue. This will ensure your candle burns evenly and prevent excess wick debris from falling into the candle.
For more Candle Safety Rules please visit the NCA's Candle Safety Page www.candles.org/fire-safety-candles.